Komon (小紋 - Japanese) which means "emblem" in English are plates for sharing and giving with each pattern having an implied meaning.
Kihara is a modern line produced by Arita pottery. Arita is where white porcelain was first introduced to Japan through the old silk road. This style of Japanese pottery ( Aritayaki Porcelain ) is now among the most renowned in the world.
150 x 25 mm | Porcelain | Microwaveable | Dishwasherable | Made in Japan
1. Cloisonné / sequenced circles (七宝) ー Infinity - for great relationships and great properties
2. Waves (青海波) ー Repeat wave shapes - for business success.
3. Arrows (矢羽根) ー The arrow hits the target - for a great great marriage.
4. Net (網目) ー The sequent pattern of the net - for scooping up happiness.
5. Linen leaf (麻の葉）ーThe linen plant grows strong and steady - for protecting your children.