WORK WITH US
The Shelter is New Zealand's leading concept store. A space where the world's best designers incubate and bring to life creative ideas. Housing brands such as MM6 Maison Margiela, Issey Miyake, taylor alongside premium homewares, beauty and lifestyle products, The Shelter is a contemporary space that offers a relaxed artistic experience for the discerning shopper. Our roles vary throughout Sales, Managerial, Design, Production, Marketing and Online with our store based in Ponsonby, Auckland and an Auckland Head Office base. To be considered for any future roles that may appear please email through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or explore our open positions by clicking on the job titles on the right of this page.
1 open positions
- ASSISTANT MANAGER
Do you love high fashion and dream about taking the next step in your retail and buying career?
The Shelter is New Zealand's leading concept store. A space where the world's best designers incubate and bring to life creative ideas. Housing brands such as MM6 Maison Margiela, Issey Miyake, taylor and Jimmy D alongside premium beauty and lifestyle products, The Shelter is a contemporary space that offers a relaxed artistic experience for the discerning shopper.
We are currently seeking a stylish individual to emulate our sales success and help lead the direction of our store as the 2IC. You should be 100% people focused, highly supportive and maintain a positive culture in our beautiful store.
You'll be an experienced retail stylist and sales person ready to take the next step in your career with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience. You have an eye for fashion and styling, with a particular flair for curating a range of desirable products.
Your key responsibilities in this role include:
- assisting the manager with leadership of our internationally curated concept store
- input into the buying selection of local and international fashion and lifestyle brands
- developing junior staff with training and support
- maintaining store performance to the highest level
- customer relationship management with our wonderful clients
- visual merchandising
- event management
- working alongside the marketing team
What is in it for you?
- experience to build on your retail career and learn about the most coveted international fashion brands
- access to our great resources to help develop your team and culture
- the freedom to assist in store merchandising and use your own creativity
- daily contact with the designers providing the ability to influence the ranges
- bonus/incentive scheme, along with other staff rewards
- a fantastic wardrobe
- working in a luxury fit out, with beautiful high end products
Your sales success is evident, with experience in stock control and loss prevention, ensuring VM standards, hosting VIP evenings and providing your customers with a shopping experience that builds trust and loyalty. Along with this you have great attention to detail, are computer literate, commercially savvy, have excellent communication skills and personal presentation.
Based in Ponsonby, we are looking to fill 25-30 hours per week including weekend days.
Sound like you? Email your C.V. and Cover Letter to email@example.com.