Frequently Asked Questions
If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your online purchase please contact us within 3 days of receiving your goods. The Shelter will offer you either a refund or exchange.
We are happy to exchange size or colour for a period of up to 7 days from delivery.
Please note we cannot process a full refund for item/s purchased using laybuy.com. Instead we can offer a credit note or exchange for the returned item/s.
Please note that this offer does not apply on discounted items, special order items, made to order garments or personal items for hygiene reasons (lingerie, swimwear, face masks etc).
In order to return goods for exchange or a refund you must contact us within these periods to advise of your requirement.
Please note that after 7 days of receipt of goods all sales are final.
Returned goods must be unused, unaltered and unwashed with all original tags and packaging enclosed.
Please return via courier to:
78 Mackelvie St
- Top tips for better handling of your return.
Please read this information in its entirety. If the returns information here is followed correctly, returns should be processed promptly. If it is not followed this may result in delays or non-processing of your return.
- We cannot process your return until the goods are received into our Head Office or store.
- We will advise you as soon as we have received your goods.
- We reserve the right to deny a return, if the goods returned do not meet our return policy requirements.
- Shipping costs back to The Shelter are the responsibility of the customer unless the returned goods are faulty.
- All discounted/sale items are final. No returns will be accepted.
- What if I have ordered the wrong size?
Items exchanged for a different size will be processed and shipped at our cost. If we do not have the requested size in stock you will be granted a refund or credit. To ensure the best possible fulfillment on your size request, we recommend that you let us know your required size by return email to email@example.com. This way we can reserve that garment for you.
- Help, I have ordered something that doesn't suit me?
If you wish to exchange your item for an alternative style or colour you have up to 7 days from receiving your goods to make contact with us. We will then confirm availability and send your preferred size / colour.
Unfortunately, your original postage and/or import duty, customs fees and local sales taxes (levies) charged are not refundable.
- How will I receive my refund?
Please remember that refunds will only be authorised if you make contact within 3 days of receiving your goods. Returns are credited in the same manner in which they were originally paid. (Please note: your original postage and/or import duty, customs fees and local sales taxes (levies) charged are not refundable).
- What if my garment is faulty?
All products at The Shelter carry a guarantee on faulty workmanship and materials for the expected life of that product, however in some instances we will need to confirm appropriate cause of action with the appropriate supplier. Items that are damaged as a result of wear and tear are not considered to be faulty. It is at the discretion of The Shelter's Head Office to determine fault. If you would like to return a faulty item, follow the standard returns procedure. Upon accepting the fault of the product, we firstly have the option to repair the faulty item or replace it for the same product in the same size. If we cannot repair or fulfill with a replacement you will receive a credit or refund including your original postage charges. Unfortunately any levies charged at the destination country are non refundable.
- What if the parcel I am returning is lost?
- The Shelter cannot be held responsible for reimbursement or compensation for lost packages sent to us. We suggest you insure your return package or send it with a tracked courier.